Sustainable North Florida is looking for an intern or volunteer to focus on content operations and communications who shares our passion for sustainability and all things green in North Florida.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Collaborate with leadership and other stakeholders (local artists and writers) on implementation and operations of content strategy for a website.
- Generate new and fresh ideas for content and implement
- Content Marketing Operations to manage include…
- Content Calendar
- News/Blog, Green Directory and media gallery submissions
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Events Calendar
- Manage Newsletter
- Manage communication campaigns (i.e. MailChimp, emails)
Education and Experience
- Required: Education: Some college or higher
- Required: Demonstrated passion for sustainable, green or environment topics, activities and looking to engage/impact others.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Organized and professional
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to be able to review and assess content
- Ability to organize and juggle multiple tasks understanding and managing priority
- Experience with WordPress a big plus!
- Experience or education in journalism, communications, marketing or social media a big plus!
Commitment and Details
- Duration: Minimum of 3 months
- Commitment of at least 8hrs per week
- Position is unpaid
Why work with us?
- Get in at the ground level on the resurrection of an online hub of sustainable and green information that looks to make an impact in North Florida. Read our Mission Statement for more information.
- Get to connect and build rapport with other North Florida green leaders, writers and artists.
- A mentor committed to helping you build soft and technical skills for your career with a performance review at the end of your commitment.
Contact Us with your resume if interested.